Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Exciting Times

Liam,

If you've been reading these in chronological order (and not cheating), then you know that one of the big questions hanging over us to this point has been where we're going to be living.  I know that's probably a funny thought to you.  After all, you've been growing up for who knows how long in the place that we'll end up picking, but as natural as that place probably seems to you, it's a big question on the table for us.

At this point, it's really down to two big contenders.  Either one could end up being the place, though they're very different places.  Here is the basic rundown:


  1. Florence, SC.  This is a fancy hospital in a small town in South Carolina, where the weather is beautiful.  If this is the place where you grew up, I imagine that you have lots and lots of great memories of lots of time spent at Myrtle Beach.  You might have even learned how to surf at some point in our adventures.
  2. Laconia, NH.  This hospital is located in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire.  If this is the place where you grew up, then I bet you have lots of great memories of hiking all up and down the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
Like everything in life, there are positives and negatives to both decisions.  It's really high on my mind right now because we're going to New Hampshire tomorrow to interview for the job there.  I'm sure that you know this about me by now, but I grew up on the border of New Hampshire.  Even if we don't end up moving there, it is going to be really fun to show you and your mom all of the fun and incredible places that were a part of my childhood there.

I can't wait to find out where you're going to grow up!

Love,

Dad




No comments:

Post a Comment