Thursday, September 18, 2014

State of the Weeble Address

Hi Liam!

This is the first in what will become an ongoing series.  I plan to do them twice a year (every six months), and the next one will be when you turn a year old.  This one is a little late because I just had the idea and started this up.

Where do we live?:

We moved to Buffalo, NY around 2 months ago.  So far, we really love the city.  On the plus side, it's big enough to have the things we like and small enough not to have soul-crushing traffic.  On the down side, the winters here can be pretty brutal.  In fact, they are famously bad.  We'll be finding out just how bad in a couple months.  I'll keep you posted!

What's Mom doing?:

She is a couple months in to Fellowship training in Head and Neck Cancer Surgery.  It really is amazing work that she's doing.  The important lesson you can take from this (for the future) is that she is constantly pushing her boundaries and trying to learn and do more.  That's a great trait to have and one that I hope you inherit from her!

What's Dad doing?:

I'm working for a company called Marketsource, who is a contractor for Ford.  Basically, I drive around from Ford Dealership to Ford Dealership and try to teach business managers to do the things that I am pretty darned good at.  It's the absolute perfect job for me, because it gives me a lot of time to be with you!

Milestones:


  • Crawling:  You're almost crawling.  It's a bit of a mess, but you do manage to get your little belly up off the floor and somehow make it from place to place.
  • Talking:  You're definitely not talking yet, but you are in a really fun stage where you're experimenting with what sorts of sounds your mouth can make.  It's fun to watch.
  • Eating:  We're seeing a difference here.  Until recently, solid foods were just kind of a novelty to you.  Now, it seems that you're eating enough of them to actually get some sustenance.

Nicknames:

Weebs
Weeble
Sir von WeeblyDay (your heroic identity)
Fruitcake (mostly retired... was mainly before you were born)
Sir!


Favorite things:

You love the Mickey Mouse Playhouse, and especially the little Hot Dog Dance they do that the end.

You have a theme song:


Okay, I'll admit that's not a great theme song.  But that's okay, because you have a much better one as your heroic persona Sir von Weeblyday:


And you can actually hear yourself in the background!

You like my Daffy Duck impression.

That's all I have for this installment!  More to come soon!

I love you, Liam!

No comments:

Post a Comment